SALRC Sponsored Workshops
Recognizing important needs in the area of South Asia language pedagogy
in the United States, SALRC has begun pedagogy workshops and seminars
for graduate students, language instructors and SALRC grant recipients.
These focused workshops and seminars, to be held in different parts of
the United States, will not only advance pedagogy training but also
generate useful resources that would be made available via the
Consult the links below for more details on past and proposed SALRC workshops.
- Blending Content for South Asian Language Pedagogy & Finding and Organizing Content for Student Proficiency, University of Wisconsin, Madison, June 8-12, 2009
- Teaching Heritage Languages, University of Wisconsin, Madison, June 9-13, 2008
- Action Research in the South Asia Language Classroom, Madison, WI, April 26, 2008
- Foreign Language Lesson Design, University of Wisconsin, Madison, June 14-15, 2007
- Keeping Students Talking in the Target Language, University of Wisconsin, Madison, June 11-13, 2007
- Teaching Language Through Other Disciplines: A Proficiency-Centered Approach, Madison, WI, April 28, 2007
- SALRC Workshop: Assessments That Matters, University of Chicago, March 30-31, 2007.
- SALRC Assessment Workshop: How Should Student Learning Be Measured?, University of California, Berkeley, October 27-28, 2006.
- SALRC Assessment Institute: Developing Assessments for South Asian Languages, University of Wisconsin, Madison, June 12-16, 2006.
- SALRC Symposium on Heritage Learners, pre-conference symposium prior to the 25th meeting of the South Asian Language Analysis (SALA) roundtable, held at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, September 16-18, 2005.
- SALRC Pedagogy Workshop: Using Technology To Promote Learner-Centered South Asian Language Instruction, South Asia Summer Language Institute (SASLI), University of Wisconsin, Madison, June 6th and 10th, 2005
- The Use of Technology in the South Asian Language Classroom, Duke University, Durham, N. C. December 3-4, 2004
- South Asian languages: Rethinking Curriculum, held at the South Asia Summer Language Institute (SASLI), University of Wisconsin, Madison from June 7-11, 2004.
- Berkeley workshop on language pedagogy, February 12-13, 2004.
- Workshop on languages of Afghanistan, December 12-14, 2003.
- SALRC panel on project planning and execution at the annual South Asia Conference, Madison October 24th 2003.
- Workshop on Web technologies for pedagogical resources creation, October 6-7, 2003.
- Working group meetings for various South Asian languages, January and March, 2003.
- The guidelines and priorities set during these meetings are available at http://salrc.uchicago.edu/grants/guidelines/